Skip to content

Provide feedback on RumRatings

Thanks for visiting the RumRatings forum where you can easily provide feedback on the RumRatings site.

We LOVE feedback – please let us know what’s working, what isn’t and if you have feature requests!

To add new rums, please do not use this feedback forum. RumRatings now has a specific area where users can add new rums to the Rumbase: https://www.rumratings.com/brands/new

Provide feedback on RumRatings

Categories

9 results found

1. I like the ability we currently have to create different virtual cabinets that hold rums we have or want to try. I have cabinets for the rums I've tried, the rums I currently own, a general "Wish list" and cabinets for states nearby that have the rums I'm looking for in stock.

What I'd really like is a way to add private notes to each bottle. When I find a rum (on RumRatings, online, friend's suggestion, etc.) I search the state liquor inventory online to see if there is a bottle near me and how much I'll need to pay…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks much for the suggestion – I had not thought of enabling private notes before and nobody has suggested it!

I could envision allowing premium users to have an area on each brand page for private notes which was a ‘freeform’ note box – guessing that would work for most of your information?

It might be challenging to add other personal note ‘data’ fields – I could imagine users would interpret the meaning differently and might be confused for example how you’re using a field vs the standard rum data.

Could you email me at rumratings@gmail.com to let me know if adding a freeform note area for premium users would get the job done to start with? Then we could also have an exchange about the other areas and what could potentially be done.

Andy

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry about that, could you please email us at rumratings@gmail.com with more info on how you’re trying to access the site? We’ve had a background Captcha working for years and you’re the first to say it isn’t working – hopefully you have a specific use case we can solve for not only you but other users as well. – Andy

3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been planned for quite a while, the difficulty is it takes a lot of development time to integrate and not many users have said it’s a problem yet. In the future with more resources hopefully we’ll have a Paypal link.

4. We all know about the controversy around the hydrometer tests and how they exposed how many rum distillers add sugars and such (and potentially food coloring?) to their so-called "premium" rums. These aren't the same as spiced rums, of course... or at least, they aren't supposed to be.

I think it might be smart to include that information on the profiles of rums. Basically, if it was tested, and what percentage of it was found to be additives. Even the rums that passed the test with little to no additives should still have it noted. I think it's information that…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the message.

I’ve had exchanges with the folks who have taken the time to do those tests, and they weren’t ‘thrilled’ with the idea of RR using their tests, even if we linked back to their data.

At the end of an exchange, we left it as something to consider in the future, but to be honest it’s a lot of time and money (for development) and since they weren’t overly enthusiastic about shaving I left it.

Based on your comments I’ll circle back and see if there might be an easy way of pulling that data in – as I agree it would be useful information for many members.

5. I have the impression that marks are sometimes biased because people's taste in rums a very varied and most people that leave comments do prefer sweet rums rather than dry ones (for ex).
    My suggestion is : ask users to describe their taste (something very simple) in their account and give that feedback when they rate a rum. That would be useful to figure out if a mark/comment matches our own taste... Add a link to other comments/rates of that same user, and you might have a way to identify people with the same taste (who said rum social network…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry it has taken so long to reply to your comment, for some reason it slipped through our net on Uservoice. I’ve also thought it would be nice to figure out what users have taste’s similar to mine and then follow their ratings. Unfortuantely RR isn’t making enough revenue to add many new features, but we’ll keep this one in mind and try to think of an ‘easy’ way to connect users more with other similar users. – Andy

6. Would be nice if this was an option, just to make it visualy more clear how your cabinet looks like. Also nice if you could then upload it to FB (not as a link, but immediately as a picture)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, that would be nice to save as an image – I have seen some website with a save as PDF button – would that help? I agree would be nice to share on social media as well as an image – that might be more difficult but I’ll look into it

7. OK I would like this to be seen by more then those who click the little comment link and also I would like to see if I am the only one feeling this out if I will get any votes, do please forgive my boldness as I post this as a new post.

I can't even figure out how to see the one like I have, looked at all bottled one at a time and I could not see anyone being liked though it is stated I have 1 liking.
    So please make it so once can easy see ones…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting in touch. At this point we have not built the functionality to see what reviews you have liked or what users have liked your reviews. This is functionality we have thought about implementing for a while, but other features were prioritized such as locations which is launching today.

All reviews can be edited on Rumratings, just go back to the rum page and click the edit link. If there’s something you can’t edit please feel free to email us at rumratings@gmail.com

8. I'd love to see which of my ratings people "liked" (though few). Right now, I'd have to check every, single, bottle to find out which have a like and which don't. Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes